Heat-flo’s industry-leading, Multi-Energy Tanks are ideal for a variety of residential and commercial solar hot water and heating applications. Each Multi Energy Tank is available with or without a heat exchanger, in 60, 80 or 115 gallon capacities. Tanks with heat exchangers are available with one or two coil configurations.
Units equipped with electric backup are provided with a heating element, thermostat, and controls that can heat the tank if solar heat is not available, ensuring consistent hot water performance. Additionally, all electric backup units are also equipped with a high quality low watt density 240 volt AC, 4500 watt element. All units are equipped with a removable thermal well to accept a solar control thermostat or thermistor.
Our versatile Heat-flo multi-energy tanks configured with heat exchanger coils can be connected directly to solar collectors to maximize efficiency. Units without coils can be connected to external brazed plate heat exchangers. All units are available with or without built-in electric backup.
Quality Design and Construction
- Tanks and coils are all stainless steel.
- Large, smooth, stainless steel coils; no finned tubing to collect lime and sediment.
- Over 2" of insulation, less than 1° / hr. heat loss.
- Thermoplastic jacket will not corrode and resists denting.
- All pipe connections are on top for a neat, quick, and clean installation.
- Brass drain and relief valves are factory installed.
- Includes thermostat well.
- Large 4” X 10” electrical box with pre-wired heating element, thermostat, and high limit on electric backup units.
- Long life, low watt density element.